How Much Does an Interior Designer Charge
Let’s talk about the big question: What does interior design cost?
If it were an easy answer, you probably wouldn’t be here reading this post. In reality, a design fee depends on MANY (many, many) factors.
To give you 100% transparency, I’m sharing it all
- What’s the project scope?
- How Do Interior Designers Charge?
- Average Interior Designer Cost in India?
- What Factors does Will Affect The Prices Of Hiring An Interior Designer?
- How To Choose The Best Interior Designers In Noida?
- Hourly rate vs. flat-fee pricing
- Factors that influence flat-fee pricing
- The numbers, by project type
You might want to bookmark this post — there’s a TON of valuable info in here. Are you ready?
Getting your home designed by a professional interior designer is something we’re all considering because it’s in vogue and seems like the intelligent thing to do. However, we’re also plagued with scepticism about one thing — how much does an interior designer charge? After all, it affects the interior design cost to a great extent.
With DIY tutorials and 5-minute crafts in every nook and corner of the internet, most of you might think that the interior design cost is simple to calculate. So, we did the homework for you to get you to alleviate any doubts you may have about interior design prices. Also, it helps you prepare your bargains with the designers.
Read on to find out about
- Scope of work
- How are designer charges computed?
- Are there any add-on charges?
- Classic Infrahomes Pricing
What’s the project scope?
Designing included furniture and decor, carpentry work for the kitchen and wardrobes, along installation.
While some interior designers take up only the designing, some help you pick the furniture and decor. If you want a hassle-free experience, check for a designer who can supervise the entire work from procurement of furniture and decor, carpentry work for the kitchen and wardrobes, and installation. For any civil work required, check the whole scope. False ceilings, flooring and painting are also considered separate services. The interior design price list varies based on all these tasks and services.
How Do Interior Designers Charge?
There are different ways in which interior designers charge their fees. We will cover the main three ways you can price your interior design fees.
Average Interior Designer Cost in India?
- Per Sqft: Based on the area of the home, the designer charges around ₹8 per sqft, and this can go up to ₹90 as well, if you’re looking for design alone. However, inclusive of products, carpentry, i.e., modular kitchen and wardrobes, flooring and ceiling, this price can shoot up to ₹2,000 – 3,000 too. It is better to check with the designer on what it includes as some of them only offer woodwork, or some exclude soft furnishings like curtains, blinds, etc.
- Percentage of Overall Cost: The designer calculates the project’s overall price, including products and services. Based on the total cost, they will charge around 5%-14% as a design fee. This can shoot up to 20% based on the level of design and expertise involved.
- The markup on Products: In layman terms, this means the designer will charge a premium on every product you buy. E.g., If your sofa’s cost price is around ₹15,000, the designer may mark it as ₹18,000 while charging it to the project. The premium varies from project to project.
- A Lump Sum: This is purely based on the designer’s discretion on how much they want to charge for a project. It can be found on a percentage, commission, per sqft or a combination of two or more categories. In many cases, the designers call this a fee, and there is no transparency on what basis this is charged.
Are There Any Additional Charges on Interior Design?
Site supervision is a critical process to ensure the process is carried out the right way.
Interior design is a long process that involves multiple visits and iterations. But not everyone provides you with ample choices. Here are some interior design prices you might have to encounter.
Interior Designer Site Visit Charges: While the first 3-4 visits might be included in the fee they charge, anything over and above can cost an average of ₹1,200 per visit.
Iteration Charges: If you’re not satisfied with one design or significant changes are made multiple times, designers may charge a fee. Usually, they share 3-4 iterations without any cost—anything more than will be chargeable. So check with your designer before you willy-nilly ask for different designs.
Design-only Cost: If it’s only the design you want, the designer can charge an interior design cost of around ₹18,000-40,000 for just furniture placement and ideas. For a three-dimensional (3D) view, the price can go up to ₹65,000-₹1.3 lakh. Some designers charge per room view as well, which can vary from ₹3,000-5,000 per view. Hence, they consider the size of the home, along with the number of rooms.
Site Supervision Cost: If you want the designer to be present at the site to supervise the installation of carpentry, then they will charge you for the same. The price solely depends on what the project cost is.
What Factors does Will Affect The Prices Of Hiring An Interior Designer?
What Factors does Will Affect The Prices Of Hiring An Interior Designer?
- Size of Your Space: The cost of designing and doing the interiors could vary depending on your house model and the size of the room.
- The Materials Used: The durability and sturdiness also matter. Get an idea of the cost of material, ask about the kind of material used, and make the correct decision as to what you require.
- Build Quality: The quality of building materials and systems will significantly impact building costs. The aesthetic quality of a building’s design also affects its value.
- Labour Costs: Labour costs will vary depending on the overall skill and experience of the labour.
Sometimes Prices also can differ depending on size and scope, for example, interior design for an apartment or small house Vs. Interior design for a large home or sprawling space.
How To Choose The Best Interior Designers In Noida?
Many home owners looking for a complete makeover of their house into a dream home might consider a most primary question that comes to anyone’s mind is, “Who are the best interior designers in Noida?” because interior designing is a creative and sophisticated thing and it requires extremely creative and talented people to pull off the interior projects.
How To Choose The Best Interior Designers In Noida
- Knowing Your Style: Interpret your needs for function, style, comfort and colour.
- Look Over Designer Portfolios: Take a look at their work for better understanding.
- Meet The Designer: Rectify all your queries and specify, where required, design furniture, lighting and accessories.
- Set A Budget: Work within your budget and give you full cost quotations before work begins
- Communicate: Involve yourself and monitor progress.
- Fair-Minded: Liaise with designers, contractors and trade process people.
Stylish interior design for your dream home is a very important activity. It can help you to personalize it and add some of your own characters. You can hire an Interior Designers in Noida to help with this effort. The cost of interior designing is well worth it when the finished product is revealed! Visit Classic Infrahomes Interior today and check out our amazing portfolio gallery to see what we are truly capable of!
Classic Infrahomes Pricing
We believe in transparency, and we don’t have any hidden interior design costs. The final price you pay at Classic Infrahomes includes everything — furniture and products, design and management fee, charges for services, delivery and installation, and taxes. So, what is the design and management fee? We charge a flat 8% to compensate for the designer’s time spent on the project. But there is no cause for worry because you can now get your interiors done with no-cost EMIs.
Interior Designers In A Post-COVID World
Like everything else around us, the business of interior design is also changing as we learn to live with this pandemic. For instance, every home now needs at least one workstation. And can you even imagine having interiors that are fussy and difficult to clean; certainly not after we had to do all the cleaning ourselves for more than two months! There are numerous ways in which home interiors must now adapt to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. For this, you need a professional designer who can help you design for the “new normal”.
We know that the interior design price list details might be too much to take in at once. So, Read This Before Meeting a Designer.
- How to Get Your Beautiful Home Interior Done Without Stepping Out During Lockdown
- Costs for Home Renovation in Noida,Delhi NCR
**Prices mentioned indicate market standards and can vary based on designer, location and scope of work.